Wednesday, July 27, 2011

My daughter did the BC (BIG CHOP) on 7-25-11!

My daughter has always had gusto so I wasn't too surprised when she decided to chop off her hair. She's been wearing extensions with her hair braided underneath until she was happy with a length to cut the relaxed hair off (she still have color in her hair but that's on purpose. She wanted to cut off her permed hair so that's what she did). I will blog her hair journey leading up to her first anniversary at the same time I will share our hair care tips and product reviews. Our goal for July 25, 2012 is for her hair to be bra length.

Here are photos right after we did the big chop (7-25-11):
Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Here are photos taken the next day (7-26-2011) when we returned from the Egyptian Salon called Mena's. They gave her a deep conditioner, straightened her hair with the round brush blow dryer technique and cut her hair in layers since it needed to be shaped.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

It turned out longer than we thought after it was straightened. They cut about an inch off the back too! She now has virgin hair and feel sooooo free. It's going to be fun growing it out. It's so thick, full and has a lot of body after being blow dried. Some days she's going to wear it like the first set of pictures and some days, she's going to wear it straight. Right now, she's feeling the straight look.

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome!! Awww, congrats! It's so funny you say bra length b/c I recently looked in the mirror and noticed that's where the back of my hair is. It's had a serious growth spurt this year! The journey will be fun, so I hope you BOTH enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair is bra length already?!?! Go Sandi! Go Sandi! LOL I'm agreeing that Raven's journey will be fun. Right now she's using braids as her protective style.

    I'm going to blog my hair journey too the next time I stretch it. I am kind of curious of my true length. I moisturize, seal, then slap on my phony pony. It got long, but I don't know exactly how long just yet.

    ReplyDelete