Wednesday, August 10, 2011

What's for Dinner?


Today I made Butter Crusted Tilapia, Broccoli & Cauliflower Medley and Macaroni & Cheese (Well, I prefer to use mostaccioli pasta as opposed to elbow macaroni pasta. It tastes the same but the texture is a little different).

I could have used a prettier piece of tilapia, I didn't noticed how flawed this was until I uploaded the picture. It's torn and the edges are a little dark. It shole tasted great though! Here is what I did:

Butter Crusted Tilapia Ingredients

Tilapia Filets
1/2 Stick of Butter
Bread Crumbs
Lemon Pepper
Garlic Powder
Lawry's Seasoning Salt
Adobo
Olive Oil
Fresh Lemon Wedges

Preparation:

I cleaned the Tilapia filets and then laid them on a plate. I then melted the butter in a pot on the stove as I prepared my crust.

For the crust, I mixed bread crumbs,lemon pepper, garlic powder, seasoning salt and adobo in a bowl.

I heated up a frying pan with a little olive oil in it

Took a few tablespoons of the butter,poured them over a few pieces of tilapia, rubbed it, dipped it in crust mix, fully coated it on both sides, then put it in the frying pan. I cooked it for 3-4 minutes on both sides in medium heat.

For eating, I like to squeeze a few wedges of lemon over my fish. It makes it a little more yummy.

Macaroni and Cheese Ingredients

Box of Mostaccioli
8 oz of evaporated milk (or 8 oz of white milk)
4 eggs
stick of butter
mild cheddar cheese
Monterey jack cheese
Colby Cheese
Parmesan Cheese
Lawry's Seasoning Salt
Adobo
Garlic Powder
Black Pepper
Paprika

I pre-heated the over to 375, boiled hot water then added mostaccioli to the boiling hot water.

While the mostaccioli is boiling, I pulled out a sauce pan to make my bechamel (white sauce): I melted the butter, then added the milk, 4 eggs, and seasoning then set the pan to the side until I'm ready for it.

When the mostaccioli is al dente, I drained the water out then put the pot back on the stove. I poured the bechamel from the sauce pan into the pot of mostaccioli and mixed it. I them proceded to add half of my four cheese mixture until it melts.

I pulled out a long lasagna pan, sprayed it with non stick spray and poured some of the contents into the lasagna pan. I spreaded it out with a spoon them covered it up with more cheese. I poured the rest in the pan making another layer, spreaded it out, then covered that with cheese.

I sprinkled paprika on top, popped it in the oven and baked it for about 40 minutes.

I let it cool for about 15-20 minutes making sure that the bechamel geled good.

Broccoli and Cauliflower Medley

It's just frozen Broccoli and Cauliflower added to boiled water and a little seasoning. It was simple and good. LOL





2 comments:

  1. This sounds easy enough for even me to make! Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup! It was super easy and quick too! It will be quicker if you make the mac & cheese first and while that is baking, you make the other items. :-)

    ReplyDelete