Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Chicken Quesadillas



Okay, so "Plating and Presentation" is not my strong suit, but I sure know how to make tasty food. Lol My preference is quick meals because time is not my best friend.

My kids had a half-day of school today therefore I knew that it meant that they would be eating lunch at home. By using:
left over baked chicken
Mild Cheddar cheese
Monterey Jack cheese
flour tortillas
butter
green salsa (for dipping)

that I had in the fridge, I was able to whip up a 10 minute lunch for them as soon as they came home.

There are no rules to quesadillas, you can put whatever you want in it, onions, jalapenos, black beans, lettuce, tomatoes, any and everything. As long as you use flour tortillas and cheese, which "queso" means in Spanish. I do know that it tastes better in a cast iron pan. Some may use olive oil but I used butter in the pan. The kids loved it. I ended up having to make them more. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment