Monday, September 5, 2011

What's for Dinner? Labor Day Edition

I had to work earlier in the day, so I only grilled three things: steak, asparagus and corn on the cob. I don't need to put a step by step tutorial on how to grill steak and asparagus because it's pretty self-explanatory but you're probably wondering "why does her corn on the cob looks that way?"



The reason why my corn looks that way is because after grilling it I made ELOTE. Elote is Mexican Corn and Chicago street vendors usually sell them. It is so yummy. I always wondered if Mexicans outside of Chicago really eat their corn this way (because Tex-Mex cuisine is so Americanized)but in Chicago I know that they do. Elote is really easy to make. Here is how:

Ingredients

4 ears corn, shucked (I cut each cob in 3 portions)
1/4 cup melted butter
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup grated cotija cheese
a pinch of chili powder
12 wedges lime (optional)


Directions

Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat.
Grill corn until hot and lightly charred all over, 7 to 10 minutes, depending on the temperature of the grill. Roll the ears in melted butter, then spread evenly with mayonnaise. Sprinkle with cotija cheese then chili powder. You can serve with a lime wedge if you like a little lime juice on it, but it is just as great without it.

Super easy, super quick and super delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment