Saturday, September 17, 2011

What's For Dinner? Italian Sausage and Eggplant Parmesan

Photobucket
It was a big hit, "Go Nik! Go Nik!"

Ingredients
Photobucket
Not pictured:Italian Bread Crumbs, olive oil, white wine, eggs, seasoning and other misc. little things that I used to complete this meal. Charge it to my head and not to my heart but these are the items that I bought from the store today for tonight's dinner.

Pan seared Italian Sausage
Photobucket
I cut them in halves, put a little olive oil in the bottom of the pan and seared them for about 8 minutes on each side. I cut up some red peppers, green peppers and onions for added flavor. I deglazed the pan with a little white wine and poured it over the Italian Sausage when I put them in the glass dish. I then added marinara on top and threw the peppers and onions on top then boom! We like to use white bread or buns for Italian sausage.

Eggplant Parmesan with Mostaciolli
Photobucket
Eggplant is very absorbent so after I peeled and sliced the eggplant, I sat it in ice water for about an hour to keep it from soaking up all the grease when I fried it. I then dumped out the ice water and seasoned the eggplant, dipped it in egg then covered the slices in Italian Styled bread crumbs. I fried it for about 3-4 minutes.

I made the mostaccioli with red marinara (pasta sauce), green and red peppers, onions, mushrooms, garlic and seasoning. I mixed the egglant in while the mostaccioli was still on the stove top. I poured half of the pot in the foil pan and topped it off with a 6 cheese blend of Italian cheese. I poured the other half of the pot in the pan then put the other half of my cheese blend on top. I popped that baby in the over for about 30 minutes in 350 (or until golden brown) then bang!
Photobucket
I think I just made my son's day today. It feels darn good too! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment