Saturday, September 17, 2011

Chicken Florentine with Spinach and Bowtie Pasta



Sorry for the lack of flash, I took this photo from my lap in a low lighted room. I was about to eat and I was like "Oh wait, I need to get a picture of this!". LOL

I used Jessica's Recipe . The only thing I did differently was use an Italian Blend of 6 Cheeses (she used straight Parmesan) and I seasoned with my staples in addition to the Italian seasoning, I also used Lawry's, garlic powder and Adobo. I can't seem to cook without those three, especially Adobo.

Bowtie Chicken Pasta Florentine

1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, trimmed of fat and sliced into 1/2 inch strips
1 box frozen spinach, thawed and drained
1 pound bowtie pasta
2 cups half and half
2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
1 cup Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning

Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Add a teaspoon of salt and then add the bowtie pasta. Cook according to package directions (about 10 minutes).

In the meantime, pour 2 teaspoons of olive oil into a saute pan heated to medium high. Add chicken and cook until slightly golden brown. Sprinkle on garlic salt, black pepper, and Italian seasoning. Remove from pan and set on a plate. In the same saute pan, add half and half and spinach. Stir to combine. By now the pasta should be cooked. Drain water from pasta and pour into the saute pan with the spinach. Return chicken to pan, add Parmesan cheese and stir.
Put on plates and sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment