Tuesday, September 13, 2011

What's for Dinner? Shrimp and Broccoli Pasta Bowl in Alfredo Sauce


My family loves pasta. Not the gluten-free or wheat pasta, the bad for you kind. I balanced it off with healthy veggies and shrimp though and it turned out great. Fettuccine was my first choice in pasta but I didn't have any so I used Spaghetti. It really doesn't matter what kind of pasta you use though, it will work with any.

Ingredients
1 package of fettuccine (I used spaghetti)
1 pound peeled and deveined jumbo shrimp
1 bag of thawed frozen broccoli
2 green onions, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
1/3 cup half-and-half
3 tablespoons (1 1/2 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper


Preparation

1. Bring Pasta to boil. Drain pasta in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid. Combine shrimp, broccoli, onions, and garlic in a small bowl. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil; swirl to coat. Add shrimp mixture, and sauté for 4 minutes or until shrimp are done. Remove from pan; keep warm.

2. To make the Alfredo Sauce; reduce heat to medium. Add reserved cooking liquid, Parmigiano-Reggiano, half-and-half, cream cheese, and pepper to pan. Cook 2 minutes or until cheeses melt. Combine pasta, Alfredo sauce and shrimp mixture.


I love to eat my pasta with some buttery bread and so I made little Pillsbury Crescents and boom! A quick, easy, fun, delicious and balanced one course meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment